As a professional, voluntary union of legal and physical entities, we bring together all the main actors in the tourism industry: tour operators, tour agents, hotels, restaurants, resorts, transport companies, museums and other businesses the activities of which are linked to tourism.
We became the first travel organization to push forward vitally important issues, including customer advocacy and environmentally responsible private sector travel.
Our members recognized the need for a unified voice to protect the interests of tour operators and the traveling public.
We joined UNWTO Global Code of Ethics and our members are required to adhere to the principles of ethical conduct, to carry out business according to a set of professional standards.
Why Join Us?
1. Our Association provides opportunities for members to grow in their field;
2. We give a public voice to people that might otherwise be ignored;
3. We act as a watchdog for the well-being of the industry as a whole;
4. Becoming a member of the industry we give you fast pass to any noteworthy news or developments;
5. Association gives you a resource to learn best practices in the field. If you are a newly established company ignorance of best practices can pose a serious business and reputational risk;
6. We provide professional development opportunities in the form of workshops, seminars where you can learn from other members and take advantage of each other’s experiences;
7. Participation in events can give the members a chance to form valuable connections, trade shows and exhibitions help you stay up-to-date on the industry developments;
Our Objectives and Tasks
- Maintaining communication between government agencies and private sector.
- Promoting legislative reforms;
- Securing skilled personnel through training programs. Assisting high educational institutions in shaping programs according to the needs of business enterprises;
- Expanding business opportunities for our members, providing a platform for the exchange of experience, contacts with tour operators from other countries: Organizing fam-trips, roundtables, panel of discussions, workshops.
- Supporting sustainability and social responsibility in the industry;
- Counselling of members, especially legal problems and taxation.
- Participating in shaping public policy for tourism;
- Cooperating with International organizations and Foreign Missions Representations in Armenia.
- Promoting tour product, active involvement in different kinds of festivals, fostering rural tourism.